4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2016 12:19 PM by jerryl RSS

Long Beach is Lovely!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For years the Ren. in Long Beach has been consistantly a great place for conventions.  We have been doing Coin Shows for a long time and the walking in the area around the hotel is a classy experience.  The Friday open market is especially a favorite of mine!

• Re: Long Beach is Lovely!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Long Beach RI, is a great place for a large family!

We took ours and with their two bedroom suite we saved a bundle.  Everyone enjoyed the breakfast and the public transportation was great.   Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings

Thanks for the note about the Renaissance Long Beach.  I'm considering a mid-week stay at the Renaissance vs. the Marina Del Rey next month. Both offer Concierge as well as upgrade to a suite which matches my business needs.  The Marina Del Rey is closer to where I have to be, but Long Beach looks like a place where there's more to do during free time. Any comments/thoughts about the Ren Concierge?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

homoviator Platinum

This is late but if others are looking at these options here's some notes.

RI Long Island Downtown.  Not really downtown, a bit isolated.  We enjoyed a walk down to the Queen Mary and drove to dinner. We had been working all day so didn't have time for more.  However, a lot of fun stuff seems to be taking place on the other side of the river.  For a family, this has some nice space, though and the service was outstanding.  

Long Beach Renaissance is great for adults and well-behaved older children.  Nothing really for kids to do, but it looks like you can walk down to some great places that are more kid friendly. we don't know because we're just letting the staff take care of us and enjoying the bar and will spend the day working then off to a museum.  Great CL, had enough out at night to make a dinner of it (some salmon). the food in the CL wasn't awesome, but I appreciated it.  We also enjoyed the bar at the Ren too.  Service was slow (I had to find a server and then go back up to get a pen to sign with), but whatever, we had fun and once we found our server, she was great. I'm coming to appreciate Rens more by the day.

You will have to pay for parking at both.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

also a nice quiet airport to fly into

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...