2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2009 5:29 PM by amandaw RSS

Point or Paid Room Upgrades?

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What do you think of Marriott's new Room Upgrade program?  See:  http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/hotelrmup.mi and  Are Points Inflation Proof?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Point or Paid Room Upgrades?
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I guess the good news here is that they didn't raise the award level as a result of the devaluation. Although I've never felt the need to use upgrades in the past, I may be inclined to use them now IF I could get upgraded to a suite. I now have two teens and when we travel I always get two rooms. Using points to upgrade to a suite would save me a bundle of points over the second room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Point or Paid Room Upgrades?
    amandaw Platinum 4 Reviews

Too bad we can't use points to upgrade paid rooms.  Now that would be something I'd love to use points for (i.e., pay my corporate rate for a room, but spend points to get a nicer one).  I know Platinum has a "free room upgrade at checkin if available" benefit, but it would be nice to confirm it at reservation time rather than rolling the dice at checkin time (since I usually check in late...)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...