4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 9:04 AM by tef6178 RSS

Doral Marriott Resort

oneway Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from Miami, Fl where I stayed at the Doral Marriott Resort. A must stay for the novice as well advanced golfer. My room overlooked the 18th green with a splendid view of "Blue Moons" water fountain. With the tourny only a few days away, the atmosphere was exciting which made my stay even better. I will stay there again when I return in June but this time I will insist on a top floor room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Miami, Florida, USA
  • Re: Doral Marriott Resort
    chardd Member 1 Reviews
    I too stayed at the Doral two years ago and had a room that overlooks the golf course. It is extremely well maintained and the food is delish. The staff on all levels are very hospitable and courteous. The only down fall was that the ice machines were not working, but one phone call and within minutes we had a bucket of ice. It is very scenic and great for weddings. My fiance and I were in awe at the oval ballroom in the main building. The next time I visit, the kids are def. coming and I am sure they will enjoy. The pool is fantastic. Overall, this facility is a great retreat.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://www.doralresort.com/_images/_site_content/img_golf_main_2.jpg

Heads up!  Celebrating 50 years of PGA history, the famed Doral Golf Resort & Spa is among several high-end luxury properties seized in foreclosure auction proceedings earlier this week, Tuesday, February 1, 2011.  According to an earlier article published in the Miami Herald last month, the financial woes should not affect operations:

"Doral Golf Resort & Spa says its operations will be unaffected by the sale of a loan on its parent company's corporate debt.

The 693-room hotel, which is hosting the 2011 World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship in March, is one of eight properties around the United States used as security for the $200 million mezzanine loan that will be auctioned in New York on Jan. 28."

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

I have just book into the Doral Villas for next March (was going to be in Florida then for a business meeting first.)   Anything you can add to you description/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.    Which courses are best for "Sunday Golfers) -- I shoot 95 - 105.   Thanks

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

kroywen:

You probably don't want to play the 'Blue Monster'. Actually, I think the hotel website has a descriptive about what course (describing the difficulty level) a particular person should play depending on their handicap. It did last time I was there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...