8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2011 8:31 PM by paullydog RSS

Selling my marriot points.

ticoinsider Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all, I don't know if this is the correct way to do it but I really need to sell my marriot points as i wont be using them in the near future. I will appreciatte if anyone has some advice on what would be the best way to sell this points or if somenone is interested in buying them.

• Re: Selling my marriot points.
    noothername Gold
    Can points be bartered? If so, then I'm interested.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    I think that is a no-no in the fine print.  Bartering, selling, etc. is verboten per Marriott Rewards and if they discover the attempt they can terminate your account.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I would buy something with them, even though you get less than if you stay somewhere.  The catalog of stuff for sale should be coming to you in the mail, and if not is available online.  As far as I know the points, while really Marriott property, have no cash value, and thus cannot be sold back to them for any amount.  If the IRS ever gets serious aboutr taxing points and miles, we'll all be glad they are worthless.

joelle Member 8 Reviews
    You can sell some to me.  I am looking to buy some.  If you click Rewards on the Marriott.com page you can see the rules.  joelle812@msn.com

cdn_insider Silver 8 Reviews
    not sure if you've sold them, but I am willing to buy.  If anyone has points to sell, I'd be interested in trading you some cash for them

Before you try to sell those points, please read the terms and conditions of the program:  As I understand it you can only transfer points to your spose at the time of an award redemption.

"Accrued points and miles do not constitute property of the member. Points accrued by a Marriott Rewards member are for the member's benefit only and may not be transferred to anyone. Points are transferable to a legal spouse or partner only in the case of documented death of the member. Points are not transferable to another person for any other reason, including divorce or inheritance."

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

The following excerpt from MR Rewards Terms and Conditions is pretty clear to me:

Transferring Points from One Account to Another

1. This member benefit is only available at time of reward redemption (only one reward request per redemption, please).

2. Immediately prior to redemption, a member may authorize the transfer of the necessary number of Marriott Rewards points into the Marriott Rewards account of his/her spouse or domestic partner, in order to qualify for a specific reward.

3. Only the necessary number of Marriott Rewards points needed to redeem the specified reward, rounded to the nearest 1,000 points, may be transferred — no more, no less.

4. An Authorization to Transfer Points form must be completed and submitted to Marriott Guest Services in order to transfer the required number of points. Forms are available by calling Marriott Guest Services. A request for reward redemption from the transferee's spouse or domestic partner must be submitted to the Guest Services Center with the Authorization to Transfer Points form.

5. Once the authorization for transfer is received and processed, the transferee relinquishes all rights to the transferred points, and they become the spouse's or domestic partner's points.

6. For all "stay" related promotions a "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights spent with Marriott by a Marriott Rewards member.

paullydog Gold 2 Reviews

how many points do you want to sell and for what.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...