This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2009 11:47 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Is Marriott Censoring Unfavorable Posts??

mnnice Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Where have all the posts on the "enhancements" gone??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is Marriott Censoring Unfavorable Posts??
    james30 Platinum
    I have been wondering about this as well.  Maybe they all went with Mr. French, wherever that was.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    A post I issued a day or so ago about the disappearance of Mr. French's No Blackout Date forum was not posted. I can only assume it was censored.

tjcnewyork Platinum

When my reply of February 22 did not post to "Welcome to our 2009 Program Changes forum!" on February 23 **, I was compelled to print all 52 pages and automatically scanned them to a PDF file. I sent a copy to a close friend and associate who is travelling and also Platinum Elite. 

We agreed that the October announcement was premature and the response represented an over-reaction to what is essentially a really bad case of "sticker shock."  Marriott does an outstanding job delivering legendary service that very often meets and exceeds expectations.  Marriott runs a business and the services I expect have a price tag.  With increased costs including energy, insurance and labor, the cost to operate increases across the value chain.

I'm not surprised the posts are hidden from view.  For me personally,  many expressed views that were extremely offensive and pugnacious.  Several were blatant violations of the Terms of Use agreed to on becoming a member of Marriott Insiders.  I was unable to find the "Welcome to our 2009 Program Changes forum!" on February 24th. For reference, see, "50% Bonus is Great, Marriott"

** Correction:  My message of February 22nd has been posted: Contact Customer.Care@Marriott.com for Results

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...