1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 26, 2009 8:50 AM by grilodan RSS

Los Suenos Resort - Costa Rica

platinumlady Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
As a Platinum member my daugher and I look forward to our annual vacations using our Marriott Reward Points.  Unfortunately, this property was less than friendly because I was using points.  They were at the most 40-50% capacity but would not upgrade my family and I to a suite.  I've stayed at Category 6+ resorts and have always been taken care.  It is a shame that this property is not friendlier to Reward Members since they should realize they rely so much on tourism!!  The property was beautiful but VERY EXPENSIVE.  Since they didn't treat us well I refused to use their facilities; spa, restaurants, etc. where they would have made some money even if the room was for free.  They made me feel like I was a freeloader!!  They did not understand that as a Meeting Planner it is MY job to see what properties provide the best service and unfortunately the Management at this property did not.  Before you travel to this property using POINTS be aware of how you might be treated!!!
  • Re: Los Suenos Resort - Costa Rica
    grilodan Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I feel that's the case with all Award stays, these days. I always get the feeling that we are treated as freeloaders. My stay at the JW in Honolulu was clearly like that ... capacity was at 30%, they still would not upgrade me. I don't understand this kind of attitude - it's not like we're getting these night for free! A lot of hard earned nights were involved and a lot of money was spent to get those points. This further drives me away from Marriott. The new "no blackout dates" policy was countered by the hotels by limiting rooms. The 40% hike in redemption was also a killer. Starwood is the way to go.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...