2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2010 6:59 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Berlin/Copenhagen Trip

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After attending a great conference at the Courtyard in Berlin I travelled to Copenhagen for a long week-end.  The train trip was really fun, going thru Hamburg, and it was not expensive at all for the round trip ticket.

The train ride was beautiful and relaxing. Once to Copenhagen I walked to the Marriott and had a very nice two evenings before returning to Berlin. Had a chance to see Hamlet's castle and go to Sweden for a day.

Wonderful time. 

• Re: Berlin/Copenhagen Trip
    briyau15 Platinum

I hear that the Marriott in Copenhagen has one of the best concierge lounge's and is an excellent hotel in itself.  I am surely adding it to my list of cities to visit.  Can you indicate how long the train ride is from Demark to Sweden, say Stockholm if you are familiar with the ride?  If I plan to visit Scandanavia, I would surely like to see the other countries that are nearby.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Berlin/Copenhagen Trip
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

briy,

Yes, the Copenhagen Marriott is a magical place!  

A short walk from the train station and a fantastic view from this prime location. ( I just wish I had bought a Marriott Copenhagen cap when I was there as it was really neat)

I was there for Super Bowl and they had over 500 people for the party which started at mid-night.  (Warning, do NOT try to keep up with the Danish party folks, they are almost like the beautiful Polish folks at the Warsaw Marriott!)

The CL gave me a bottle of wine and a fantastic Ice Cream Sundae, what a combo, but the CL was great!  

Transportation to Sweden, and Elsinore Castle was easy, although I did not go to Stockholm, it looks like a a five hour or so train ride.

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...