1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 10, 2009 5:25 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Mr. & Mrs. Jerome Rosen

lvsunz Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Mr. Ed French:

My wife & I stayed at the Residence Inn on February 18, 2009. We redeemed a 'free night' e-certificate issued by Marriott for our stay. I just logged in to our account on the My Marriott Rewards website and discovered that our account was charged 20,000 points for our Residence Inn stay. Amazing to us that the people who issued the Free Night e-certificate with their left hand also charged us 20,000 points with their right hand!

This is not the first time we've encountered errors on the part of the 'Marriott System.' It's not only very frustrating to continue to encounter these problems but it typically consumes a lot of our time trying to get them resolved.

I understand mistakes happen but, speaking as a retired computer consultant, these kinds of problems could be eliminated with better 'system testing.'

Looking forward to an appropriate response. Thank you.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mr. & Mrs. Jerome Rosen
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Your message may be misdirected since the person you have addressed it to appears to be MIA.

Unless you have opted out, you should have received an e-mail confirming your reservation with details about form of payment.   An e-certificate is issued when points are redeemed for a stay.  It must be routed to the hotel prior to arrival.  Sometimes the points are debited at the time of reservation.  For advance reservations using points, you can request that the points not be deducted until seven days prior to arrival.  For example, I will book a reservation 9 to 12 months ahead to ensure that a room is available using points, but the e-certificate is not ordered until 7 days prior to arrival. 

While I have not experienced duplicate e-certificates for the same stay, errors can always occur.  If the issue is still unresolved, write directly to Customer.Care@Marriott.com including the confirmation # and Residence Inn location in the Subject line.  In the body of your e-mail, describe the issue and attach the e-mail confirming your reservation and the e-folio sent after your stay.

Customer.Care@Marriott.com will route your e-mail to the executive office of the Residence Inn for resolution.  The turnaround is 3-5 days.  Depending upon the contact information you provide, a member of the executive team at the Residence Inn will contact you. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...