4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2009 9:03 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Camelback Inn (JW Marriott), Phoenix

bribill Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We will be staying here towards the end of May.  Can anyone tell me what the typical weather is that time of year and if it will be too hot for outdoor activities?  Thank you.

• Re: Camelback Inn (JW Marriott), Phoenix
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

The Camelback is probably my favorite resort in the Marriott system. The location is great, the private "casitas" are great,  the property is great and the restaurants are great.

Weather wise, you should be in luck during May. The furnice won't be maxing out yet so it should be comfortable. My last trip to this resort was during the month of August and my skin was on the verge of blistering off even when I was hanging out in the shade.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bribill Gold 4 Reviews
    Thanks for the response.  Can you tell me if it is convenient to do a day trip to the Grand Canyon or Sedona from the resort?  Thanks a lot.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    Sedona is more "doable", and along the way to the canyon. I say doable because taking a day trip from Phoenix will be a stretch physically. The drive is about four hours and then once you arrive there will be a full day of activity. So you are talking a total of eight hours driving then sightseeing. It would certainly be a stretch for me, but perhaps not for others.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

May was great for us!

We especially enjoyed the great breakfast and going to the pool.

Golf in May was fantastic, have a great time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...