1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 1, 2009 5:03 PM by luv2travel22 RSS

Family Trip to Alaska

hoss121 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm trying to plan a trip to Alaska and I'm having a hard time doing it.  We want to do some hiking, fly in a plane that lands on water somewhere, take a short boat ride to see the glaciers fall apart and maybe some whales, see some sled dogs, maybe a train ride to Denali.  My daughter is fascinated with AK and I said when she was 10 I would take her and she just turned 10 and we are planning for summer.  We're open for anything, but can't find a good resource to turn to for planning.  Any ideas (other than fishing as that's what I've heard from most people (although we might fish)).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Family Trip to Alaska
    luv2travel22 Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    I went to Juno AK years back to visit a friend and it was awesome.  I really recommend Juno.  The plane ride in was amazing the Pilot had to spiral in to avoid the mountains.  We did some of what you have listed there.  We went to the local airport and took a plane ride over glacier bay, it was incredible.  We rented kayaks and kayaked around the area, there were harbor seals in the water and they were so social they had their heads up out of the water watching us.  We took a ferry to Sitka for the day.  Hiked a local mountain and did some glacier sliding on our snow pants !!!  Have a great time !!!  I am sure that you will want to get to Denali, I never made it past Juno and still was amazed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...