5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2009 9:30 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Marriott vacation Club.

salescalls Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed at the Vacation Club Vista Grande in Orlando using my LIFETIME and probably charter member points.  The pay for 4 nights get the 5th night free doesn't apply at Vacation clubs -- SUPRISE.

I suppose that it was my fault for not having my lawyer look over the promotion first.  Shame on me.

Salescalls

• Re: Marriott vacation Club.
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    After doing a search on Marriott.com in the Boston area, the results delivered a number of brands where points could be used including a Vacation Club property, Marriott's Custom House.  Interestingly, Vacation Club properties are NOT categorized and fall outside of the Category 1 to 8 designation which appears to be one aspect of the promotion, "Pay for 4 nights get the 5th Night Free." Marriott could do a better job in communicating - upfront - what is included or excluded in the promotion to avoid misleading loyal customers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Salescalls:

"The pay for 4 nights get the 5th night free doesn't apply at Vacation clubs -- SUPRISE.  I suppose that it was my fault for not having my lawyer look over the promotion first.  Shame on me."

No need to blame yourself or to retain a lawyer.   Fast-forwarding a few months, Marriott Rewards and Marriott Vacation Club made an announcement favoring increased brand integration that will include MVCI resorts in Pointsavers such as, Redeem 4 nights get the 5th night Free.

http://www.marriott.com/Images/Rewards/LRA%20Images/Hotel_Category_Grid.gif

In order to make this happen, all MVCI resorts had to be assigned a Hotel Category.  As recently discussed, Re: Confused about category ratings for Marriott hotels, "Every Marriott hotel has a reward category based on its location and on the services and amenities it offers." *   

The inclusion of Marriott Vacation Clubs in the Pointsavers offer is effective July 16th.  See the MVCI FAQ and the list of participating MVCI resorts for more.

* http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/hotelrew.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Why even think of getting a lawyer when just a few hours of their time would greatly exceed the cost of the extra nights you had to pay?

Or am I missing something?

tjcnewyork Platinum

"am I missing something?"

IMO, it's vitriolic.  When you're on a tour, MVCI sales can be flippant pitching Marriott Rewards. When you read the Terms and Conditions, you feel like you need a lawyer.     

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    Ain't that the truth.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...