0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 1:14 PM by anadyr RSS

Stimulus

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hey all you elite members, a question? 

Have you thanked a Marriott associate today?  Seriously, these folks work at wages that are less than ours, give their all for us, and work long hours.  I make it a point to thank each of them as I can personally during each stay. I hope that it makes their jobs more enjoyable--I know I do it as I would to any person delivering good service.

Having worked in hospitality in the not-too-distant past (as a part-timer for the US Open and AT&T golf tournaments in Pebble Beach) I know that to most well-heeled guests, the service employee is invisible, not even there.  Seeing this first-hand, I vowed to continue to thank and recognize everyone with whom I came in contact at a Marriott property. I've nominated folks for Marriott Recognition (Spirit to Serve award), which they've gotten.

Give it a shot.  These are tough times, but we're still traveling aren't we?  Make someone's day! (as our local Mayor once said famously)

Reward good service with a smile and acknowledgment.  Let everyone know how you feel and post what happened when you did.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...