2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2009 5:07 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Learning the Pyriamids

jeffsmith Silver
Currently Being Moderated

As an expert in high poer laser systems, I have always had an interest in the history of Egypt

I have trvaeled greatly in Europe & Asia but not in the area of Egypt.

It will be a great pleasure for me.

Sincerely,

Jeff Smith

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Learning the Pyriamids
    trekker Gold

I recommend going with a tour group-was there summer of 2008- I have travel the world by myself and have never had such a problem with merchants, peddlers etc trying to take advantage of me. Even after negotiating a price for a camel ride out to the desert, they get you way out there and tell you that the price is X amount (not what you negoiated) and unless you are savvy, they'll leave you out there and make you walk. Always wondered why so many tourist were yelling at the camel guys after their rides....you'll be told you can't walk down a street because it is reserved for carts etc. (yes, they want you to hire a cart). I was there for 2 weeks and I did a 7 day cruise down the Nile- starts in Luxor and goes to Aswan and back. Most amazing history I have ever seen.....but the good thing about a tour is that the guides REALLY take care of you and make sure your not ripped off. U.S. dollar is strong- example- hired a car and driver to take me a friend to dinner down town and back to the Pyramids area where our resort was ...he waited for us and the whole trip was 3-4 hours...it cost us $27 dollars. You will not be disappointed especially seeing the lazer show at the pyramids at night-Hope this helps you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Learning the Pyriamids
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This is very good information!

We are planning a trip and this will help us out.  We were going by ourselves, but now we have signed up for a tour group.  

I'll let someone else do the "Driving" and "Negotiating"! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...