2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2009 9:09 PM by anadyr RSS

My points were stolen!

camtgplanner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Has this happened to anyone? I had just noticed that I never rec'd points for one of our events last fall. After bringing this up to the hotel the informed me that they were given to (name inserted here) because during the actual they claimed they were with our company (I can't be on-site at all of our mtgs) I've never even heard of this person! I was a little annoyed w/ this hotel because my name is the only name on all of our contracts with them and they never even notified me of someone else requesting our points....Anyways, I got my points but so did this other random person! Ugh...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My points were stolen!
    davidinla Platinum

I am a Meeting Planner in California also. I had 50,000 points given to an attendee of a meeting I planned @ the Teaneck Marriott New Jersey. I signed all the contracts and included my MR #.

Even though I protested to the Director of Sales and sent a nasty survey to Marriott, I was not compensated. I'm still burning!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My points were stolen!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Perservence is the name of the game.  I would escalate this to the folks in Salt Lake at Marriott Rewards--there are people there who only do Platinum problems and they might be able to help.  Most likely you'll need a copy of the bill, showing your rewards number, and any other supporting documentation.  This is similar to the "Missing stay" request form on Marriott.com.

Good luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...