6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2009 1:06 PM by srtinnro RSS

Disappointed

emlpop Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Well, here's a "bummer:"  I get this email from The My Marriott Voice Team inviting me to ba a part of a team to discuss the Marriott Rewards program.  I have been "hand-selected" to participate in My Marriott Voice. Sounded like an opportunity to make an input to Marriott and also get points. So I "click to join," answer a couple questions and am then told - "sorry, we have too many like you and cannot include you."  Thus I was also "hand rejected."  The questions (4) were: Country, age, other hoter reward programs I belong to and if I am involved with any aspects of the travel industry.

What was this all about? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointed
    vpplayer Platinum

I got the invitation too -- as I was filling it out I was wondering if what you described was going to happen to me as well.  Ther were actually several questions including # business trips per year and demographics (houshold income, etc).  I saw the question about the travel industry and figured that might be a trap question.  I answered no (honestly) and evidently got through the gauntlet.  I am curious as to your answer to that question.

If anyone is interested I can report on what is asked of me.  At least until they determine they have "too many like me" as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

srtinnro Platinum
    Same thing happened to me....pretty unprofessional if you ask me.  As soon as I said that I was involved in Marketing, they said that there were too many in my demographic.  Made me feel very unappreciated...

emlpop Platinum
    On the "trap question" I answered none of the above.  I'm not in or a part of any travel related business.  Glad you got through.

jsnieri Platinum
    Seems like another ploy from Marriott Loyalty and MR Marriotts office to justify the travesty caused thousands of customers with the lies and deceit associated with MR 2009.

superchief1 Platinum
    I work in the marketing research industry (not in travel area), and it is common for companies to set quotas regarding who they are surveying. Since they cannot afford to survey everyone, quotas are often set for how many they survey for a specific target group, based on demographics or travel habits. It appears that your quota had already been filled when you completed the 'screening' questions. I very seldom qualify to participate in any surveys since I work in the marketing research industry. I hope that those who did participate share your views, and are able to express their concerns to Marriott.

srtinnro Platinum

I understand having all the people you need from a certain demographic.  I do agree with the original posting though in that Marriott handled this poorly.  They should have explained that they were looking for a limited number of response in each demographic.  Instead, the response came quite abruptly, and it was clear that once the desired number of respondants from that specific demographic were achieved, that our opinions were of no interest. 

Not that I am fishing for freebie points, but MArriott should have at least somehow rewarded our willingness to participate in there program, rather than leave us with the feeling that our opinions were not of interest.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...