9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2016 1:31 AM by Zonahiker RSS

1,000,000 Points

mnjeff Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
What would you do with 1,000,000 Marriott Points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 1,000,000 Points
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Donate them to military families on leave with their soldiers, sailors or airmen and women.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

crussd Platinum
    I have almost 4,000,000 currently (I've used about a million over the years), and I plan to use them for travel when I retire.  However, a case can be made that the longer you hold them, the less they are worth.  I have several MVCI timeshares and my plan is to use my points to get me there when my income wouldn't support that.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    I agree--the continued value of these points is in their use:  the corporation could decide they are a liability and discontinue the program (especially if another lodging chain made the first move). The fine print says they need to give 6 months notice before elimination of the program.  I too have used nearly a million of my points and enjoyed the time spent not spending money as I did.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I have about a million poijnts also and will use them to travel in my retirement.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The thing is, as a saver, it's hard to use 'em all up. I like the idea of using 150,000 or so each year to take a trip that may not have been so easy without the benefit of the points. Giving some away ...always nice.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I use them up as fast as I can!

I think we will have a "Tax" issue with all of the new government needs!

The airlines will be the first to drop FF programs.  I now Budget dropped theirs, and I no longer rent their cars.

franke Gold 4 Reviews

i could stop driving myself crazy trying to win 1,000  what a week to be sick!

musictomyears Platinum 6 Reviews

First I would be SO happy!    Save, share and take my mom a wonderful vacation.

We lost my dad to a brain tumor, glioblastoma and it would be a fantastic gift to give.

Zonahiker Platinum

I think I would choose the nicer properties!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...