13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2010 8:37 AM by babycatcher RSS

Club 91 at JW Marriott

dtroid Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are Platinum, and have booked JW with points for May.   What's the scoop with Club 91?    Do we have a good shot at being upgraded to that access, or should we use more points/$$.    Is this a concierge lounge, or a level with special rooms?   Any info from a recent stay would be greatly appreciated!

• Re: Club 91 at JW Marriott
    beachval Platinum
    I stayed on the Club 91 floor last March, and at that time it was not available for Platinum upgrades.  The only way to get a room there was to pay or use points.  I don't believe the actual rooms are any different, but you may get more amenities like turndown, not sure.  The draw is the concierge lounge, where you can get free drinks and food, with there being multiple food presentations during the day.  We enjoyed breakfast there and saw others making a meal out of the noon and evening food presentations, but I think it depends on your taste.  We did before-dinner drinks and appetizers there, but wouldn't have considered it to be dinner.  At about $100 a night to upgrade, you would need to decide if it's worth it, knowing you can get water, sodas, etc. throughout the day also.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cynpaj Platinum
    I am also a platinum member and staying at the JW using points in April.  I was hoping we could also get upgraded.  I asked at a lounge in DC this past week and the employee said no.  But I will let you know since we are going before you. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

klondikekate Platinum 2 Reviews
    Upgrade to Club 91 not available. Private lounge on 14th floor. Either points or $$ for access. Stayed end of Jan. and experienced outstanding service. Breakfast 7-10:30. Many choices, lunch 12-2 with sandwiches and salads, afternoon guacamole, salsa, chips, small snacks. Evening 6-8 finger food and "tastes" with chef from various restaurants either JW or Casa Magna. Sweets & pastries 8-10PM. Non alcohol drinks, water, juices, cookies and fruit all day. Alcoholic beverage, no limit from 6PM to 10PM. Quiet lounge, buffet style with pleasant helpful staff. Airport pick-up and departure included with rate of room/lounge. Will be returning and no question will do Club 91. Ask if you need more info. Spa access included without charge but fee for tennis.

klondikekate Platinum 2 Reviews
    Club 91 requires more points or $$$. Hotel within hotel. Private lounge various food presentations thoughout the day. See my reply to previous post for details.

shirley164 Gold
    My husband, daughter (19) and I will be staying at the JW in May and have a question about Club 91. We are Gold Marriott Members and want to know if there is an automatic upgrade to Club 91 or we should book our room for the Club 91 level.  Also, you mentioned pickup/dropoff from Airport with Club 91 stay, how do you go about arranging that? 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Club 91 upgrade was not worth it to us, we had a great time anyway!

Fun spot! 

heightsgal Platinum 60 Reviews
    I visited the JW in Cancun using points...paid cash for the upgrade to Club 91.  It was worth every penny.  Don't take a chance

zwiebelchen Gold
    Hi,  this is my first visit to Cancun and to the JW Marriott. What are the benefits for upgrading to Club 91? I was looking for it, but the descriptions really don't provide much information. I would appreciate if you could provide as much information as possible. thanks.

onetiredpuppy Platinum

It depends on what type of traveler you are.  If you want to stay on the property and not worry about where to eat or drink and how much it is going to cost, then Club 91 is the way to go.  If you are the type of person that likes to go out and try the local food, then it isn't.  We just got back and loved it so much we are planning a return trip, but we are the type of travelers that go for 6 days and never leave the property.  I used points for two of us and paid for the third adult.  My bill just hit my credit card and I paid $380 USD for 5 nights for the 3rd person.  That's not a bad daily average. I don't anywhere you can eat, drink and stay for $76 a day.  We got our money back just in beverages.  There is canned drinks, bottle water available and the open bar is really nice if you drink.  They even had champagne at breakfast to mix with the fruit juices.  The staff is top notch and the free ground transportation saves you $16/each way per person.  The food was really good and there is always something being served.  Breakfast, snack, lunch, afternoon tea (basically another snack), dinner and then desserts.  We all gained at least 5lbs.  They highlight a different restaurant  every night so you get to try different things.

bloombergtv Member

It takes the fun out of being in the club when you pay for it because I can also just pay for the restaurant. Why is it a club?

Club 91 is the way to go if you like to eat all day and stay at the hotel all day. I like  to go out and try the other restaurants and visit the ruins there. there are alot of nice hotels with night life in Cancun

texasgirl Platinum 1 Reviews

I've been plat for approx 8 years and been to JW Marriott in Cancun 6 times.  Have never been upgraded to Club 91.  Sounds like it might be worth it. Any idea how many points or cash per night?

gerril Platinum 1 Reviews
    We stayed at Club 91 last April with points, but it was necessary to pay $70 each a day for the privilege. We felt that it was worth it. You are on the top floor of the building in a large room with balcony overlooking the ocean. I cannot compare the room with others in the building because I didn't see them. The concierge lounge was open much of the day and was staffed by several lovely young women who could not have been more helpful or pleasant. There were 5 food presentations each day, starting at breakfast. I believe there was a lunch, tea time, dinner, and evening dessert/drinks. Each restaurant in the resort took a turn presenting some of their dishes at dinner. The portions are small but varied and delicious. Alcohol is only served at the late night session (8-10?). I don't know if you would be able to get this concierge level by using your Platinum status or not, but paying $140/day for the room plus food was certainly reasonable.

babycatcher Platinum 1 Reviews

How much per day is the cash upgrade after using points to upgrade to Club 91?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...