2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2010 1:51 PM by hkloban RSS

Concierge, Executive Lounge, Club Lounge FACTS

gshock Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I have read the numerous emails regarding eliminating concierge lounges, club lounges, charging $100 to use the new Executive Lounges contemplated for JW Hotels.  Let's stop this email stream as people are mis-stating the FACTS.  All of the Marriott, Renaissance properties that I have recently stayed at have changed nothing. They have exactly the same presentation of food; both in the morning and evening. This is a benefit of the Rewards program for both Gold and Platinum members which has not changed. I, like all of the other Marriott Reward members do not like the recent change with the program. Points for redemption are significantly highly with little or no benefit. But Marriott has certainly not degraded the concierge benefit    
  • Re: Concierge, Executive Lounge, Club Lounge FACTS
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    None of the places in which I have stayed have changed a thing, other than to have perhaps one less attendant on duty at slow times.  I agree that the benefit is still intact, and actively used.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge, Executive Lounge, Club Lounge FACTS
    hkloban Gold

To GShock who says that none of the Executive Lounges have downgraded their service, I ask you to please visit the lounges at Marriott properties in downtown San Francisco, downtown Sydney and downtown Kuala Lumpur.  All three of these lounges are now charging for drinks where they didn't 12-18 months ago.  I just got back from my first trip to Buenos Aires and found the drinks in the lounge to be more expensive in the lounge than drinks on the lobby level. 

Many readers have reported here that services are being downgraded at many properties.  This may not be true for the properties you have stayed at recently but it is true for many of us.  We are not "mis-stating the FACTS", as you have said.  We are simply stating what we have seen and as frequent guests, what upsets us.  I'm quite sure that these changes will come to a Marriott property near you quite soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...