4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2009 12:58 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Marriott Union Station or Renaissance Downtown?

mgw2000 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I will be going to St. Louis with my family to visit Washington University.  Which hotel is better in St. Louis, the Marriott Union Station or the Renaissance Downtown St. Louis?

Also, do y'all have any ideas for good, rather upscale lunch places in the University area?

Thanks,

Matt

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Union Station or Renaissance Downtown?
    mu2482 Platinum
    I'd stay at the Renaissance Downtown personally.  Union Station isn't what it used to be and the hotel seems a bit tired to me.  Hope that helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Downtown Ren.  has a lot of places you can go via sidewalk.  There are a lot of night spots and great places to relax and eat.

If you have small children, I would stay at Union Station, especially if the weather is a factor in your stay.

Have a great stay! 

minneapolismn Platinum 60 Reviews

I prefer the Renaissance over the Union Station for business travel.  The rooms, lobby, and decor are very comfortable and fresh in the Rennaisance, while Union Station and the amenaties are more suitable for a trip to a ball game.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You are sure right!

The Ren. is very nice!

Union Station is a great place for the baseball or hockey games.  Likewise, concerts or events at Savvis Center are really nice when staying at Union Station.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...