9 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2009 1:08 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

New Program Impacat onTimeshare

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

With the new point structure, it makes no sense to trade a timeshare week for points. I own four Marriott weeks and use at least two per year at my home resorts. I usually exchange an additional week for other family members. Rather than exchange for points or exchange through Interval, I have started to work with owners of other Marriott properties and exchange on our own. This assures that we get to stay where we want when we want, and enjoy the location priorities as owners. If Marriott does not increase the points they award for timeshare deposits, owners will stop turning in their weeks for points. This will dramatically reduce the number of timeshare units Marriott will have available to rent as hotel rooms.

• Re: New Program Impacat onTimeshare
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Well put!

Good advice for us! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mnnice Platinum

superchief1

I, and I'm sure other MVCI owners, would like to hear more about how you find owners at other Marriott properties. I would love to try to contact some directly also.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

SuperChi,

Have not heard anything yet!

If you hear anything, please let us know.

Thanks! 

tjcnewyork Platinum

Superchief

An owner-to-owner network might better preserve the value of vacation ownership. Owners are underserved.  It is pointless to trade a 3 bedroom villa for 125,000 points now worth 5 nights in a standard Category 5 hotel room.  And, the new combination award involving 180,000 points plus a daily upgrade cash fee w/tax for a resort room w/ a view is just an outrage.

superchief1 Platinum

I have sent emails to Marriott Rewards suggesting a forum for MVC related issues, as well as establishing an Marriott internal exchange program, since my recent exchange attempts through Interval have been disappointing. Neither suggestion has been acted on as of yet, but I am still hopeful Marriott will do something.

I currently work with a few people who own MVC properties and have met others during my stays at the MVC resorts. Our properties cover a wide range of locations of common interest. We have discussed an informal exchange for which we trade weeks (reserved up to a year in advance), and possibly pay each other any difference in maintenance fee. I learned that you do not need a guest fee if you assign your ownership week to another guest, and they enjoy the villa location benefits of an owner. The only risk is that I will be responsible for any damage caused, but I trust the people in our 'informal' network.

I sggest that we continue to lobby MVC to establish a system for us. I am interested in hearing other people's suggestions.  

tjcnewyork Platinum

Superchief

We're heading to Orlando.  While there I'll do some inquiring.  In the meantime, consider directing your suggestions to David Babich, the Chief of Customer Experience for MVCI if you haven't done so already.

I have a notebook PC on the road so feel free to post back.

mnnice Platinum

I own 3 weeks in Aruba and last year the MVCI presentation said that they were going to set up an MVCI only exchange system like you described. 14 months later, nothing.

If you know anyone interested in Aruba in Feb 2010, I am interested in Maui the first week of Feb 2010. My email address is rickxylon@netscape.net.

Rick

Have not heard anything!

Will pass onto our family the Aruba/Hawaii situation!

Thanks. 

• Re: New Program Impact onTimeshare
    tjcnewyork Platinum

MN

AOC is one of the few MVCI properties with it's own website where owners can rent and exchange, I've heard pros and cons.  Hurricane Omar delivered some major punches to the property in October and knocked out 120 villas.  Repairs were completed in December.  I believe AOC is undergoing a 10 year refurbishment and will implement in two phases.  Do consider checking the timetable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...