4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2009 1:10 AM by kahunapremier RSS

Hawaii in July?

wilmotrogers Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are looking to plan a 10 day trip to Hawaii. Have about 250,000 points saved up for the hotel. Airline tickets are free with Delta points. Curious to get your ideas on possible itineraries. We don't have anything against moving between islands. My wife has been to Honolulu before - but I have never been to Hawaii. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hawaii in July?
    gshock Platinum
    Best Marriott in the Hawaiian Islands is the Ko Olina in Waikiki.  I have stayed at the properties in Maui and find them to be more 3 star than the 4 star Ko Olina. Also the Hyatt in Kauai is spectacular while the marriott property needs some renovation

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

happyfoot Silver
    We were in Oahu, Maui & Kauai Marriotts in June/July of 2008 for our son's wedding.  There's not a bad one in the bunch.  We loved the Waikiki Beach Marriott; rooms were huge with a magnificent view of the ocean.  We were there over 4th of July and watched the fireworks from our room.  One of our favorite things to do on Oahu is the Polynesian Cultural Center, but take a tour - the drive back in the dark is best done by a busdriver. Stayed at the Maui Ocean Club (MCVI); pool is gorgeous with waterfalls & slides; can't beat staying on Kaanapali Beach.  Saved the best for last - Kauai Beach Club - beautiful "private" beach; elegant lobby & grounds.  Make sure you get in a car, poke around & explore all the little known beaches on all the islands. 

happyfoot Silver
    One more thing, for a different travel experience, take the Superferry between islands.  Right now I believe it goes between Maui & Oahu.  Get yourself first class tickets.  They have a great website with discounts. Takes about 3 hours to cruise between islands. 

kahunapremier Platinum

A MUST imo is to visit the PCC, located on the North Shore of O'ahu. If you want to see the Polynesian culture and how they lived, what they did, arts, etc, this is the place to be.

I would spend a full day and night. You will love it. As for the other islands, Maui is a favorite, but Kauai and Big Island are also great. Pearl Harbor is a must. You can do three days on O'ahu easily. After that I would visit other islands-which you will really enjoy

Happy travels!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...