6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2013 7:58 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Paris sightseeing

happyfoot Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My husband & I have a stopover in Paris at CDG airport while on our way to begin a 14 day river cruise in Budapest on 5/30/09 ending in Amsterdam on 6/14/09.  We have never been to Paris and would love to do some quick sightseeing - take a city tour or whatever.  I would love to see the Eiffel Tower lit up at night and eat in a French cafe.

My question is would it be better for us to stay at an airport hotel and some how get ourselves back & forth from Paris city center or stay in Paris and travel back to the airport?  There are lots of Marriott/Renaissance brand hotels in the city & a couple near the airport; has anyone stayed at any of these? My husband is a little concerned about the language issue also. So far we are arriving at CDG on 5/29 at 845am and departing for Budapest on 5/30 at 650pm, giving us 1 1/2 days in Paris.  Any thoughts about staying an additional day?  Also has anyone stayed at either of the Marriotts in Budapest?  We are arriving a day before our river cruise begins.  In the end I guess it all boils down to location & price.  We prefer to use our points for travel packages & hopefully will find some sort of Marriott discount.  Thanks for any and all input.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...