8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2009 5:27 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club in Lihue - Kauai, Hawaii.

countrygent Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm booked into the Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club in Lihue - Kauai, Hawaii in June-09.  I'm a little concerned with airplane noise and things to do both in and around the resort which came highly recommended by a friend.  Has anyone experience there?  Or would you recommend another resort in Hawaii??

• Re: Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club in Lihue - Kauai, Hawaii.
    retired Platinum
    Kauai Beach Club, I stay here every year and have never heard any noise from the airport. I think the last plane comes in around 10 p.m. You will really enjoy this location. The swimming pool is huge and Dukes (restraurant) is on site. Don't worry, your friend is right you will love it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

happyfoot Silver
    We have stayed there twice, most recently June 2008 - exchanged into MCVI.  No problem at all with airplane noise.  One of the most beautiful "private" beaches & I could spend all day in the gorgeous pool.  Dukes & Italian restaurant are great.  The lobby & grounds are spectacular.  Rent a car - one day drive up to the north shore (Ke'e Beach, etc.).  Splurge on a sunset dinner at the Hanalei Bay Resort or Princeville Resort in Princeville.  Another day drive south to Wiamea Canyon.  Take in the Smith Family Luau.  If you are a movie buff, or even if you're not, take the Movie Tour & see all the famous movie sites (Blue Hawaii, South Pacific, etc.)  Take advantage of the "what to do" talks given at the resort.  This is definitely my favorite Hawaiian Marriott - but then Kauai is my favorite island.  Enjoy making your own memories!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Kauai Marriott Resort
    countrygent Platinum
    The luau sounds great as well as the many other activities you've note.  Thank you!  What is MCVI?!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:black;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

happyfoot Silver
    Sorry, got my initials wrong, should be MVCI - Marriott Vacation Club International - Marriott's timeshare properties.  Many times they are adjacent to existing resorts.

camtgplanner Platinum
    We stayed at this resort in July 2008....it was great! I would highly recommend it to anyone going to HI. Nice calm private beach and the pool is HUGE. Have fun!

telexpert Gold

Just returned from Kauai Marriott-----

Over-rated, over-priced.....

Tired old hotel, grounds showing signs of neglect.

Watch out for over-charging

Their response to elite members---NONE

As gold my upgrade was to a room right next to the elevators,

and directly across from ice machine.

Best thing about this hotel is Duke's

• Re: Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club in Lihue - Kauai, Haw
    nancyj Gold
    While I am a loyal to Marriott Hotels most of the time, I would highly recommend the Hyatt in Kauai.  We have stayed there three times and just love it.  They may still have the deal where you pay full price for one room and get the second at half price.  That was a big benefit when we were traveling with our daughter and her friend.  They also have a fabulous spa and golf course!  The grounds are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen and their tiered pool is fabulous.  The beach is not a swimming beach, however, but there are some within 5 minutes of the hotel.  The staff is gracious and incredibly helpful.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club in Lihue is a hybrid property that includes 1 and 2 BR Marriott Vacation Club villas as well as standard hotel rooms.  We exchanged into this resort in 1998 and stayed 8 nights.  It's a wonderful resort, very tropical, exotic plants, quiet with no need for concern about the proximity of the airport.  The hotel layout is like a U surrounding a pool and setback from the beach which you can walk to from the lobby.

Overall we found the service exemplary of other Marriott resorts with one major exception.  Kauai Marriott Loss Prevention Services tended to be very overzealous.  My wife is of Asian/Pacific Islander descent and our children looked like "locals" to the Loss Prevention staff.  Uncharacteristically, they treated guests very differently from locals.  When we presented very clear examples to the GM of how this offended us, he was very swift to remedy LPS conduct and offered us dinner, a free night and a free activity as compensation.

Recalling Kuaui stirs up very happy family memories.  I rented a Jeep Wrangler which we drove around the entire island (avoid doing this with luggage).  We took our first helicopter ride (eat lightly) and sailed our first catamaran (and saw sharks).  We love to collect handpainted art, ceramics and tiles with tropical motifs, flowers and birds. We brought back 2 bowls, 2 platters and a wall tile from Banana Patch Studio located in Hanapepe, Kuaui.  See http://bananapatchstudio.com and have a blast in Kuaui!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...