3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2009 1:54 PM by anadyr RSS

Devalue Program - Devalue Customers...

patrickg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Dear Marriott,

I have been a loyal Marriott customer for over 20+ years and sad to say its time for a change.  The Hilton Honor's Club will honor my Platiunum Status with their Diamond Status.   All the things that this new program has lost, Hilton picks up.    As a Fortune 500 executive, its sad to see the Marketing Department's lack of customer focus and influence prior to its program release.  Its a critical mistake that is made all too often by second class businesses, but... not by a Marriott quality business!   Based on the amount of feedback I have read, there is still time to change...do NOT underestimate the power of these blogs or the internet.  Good luck to you.

A Change in Cleveland

• Re: Devalue Program - Devalue Customers...
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Hilton will consider a trade, but only on what they call the fast track: depending on you status as a Platinum or Platinum Premier they will give you what's called Diamond VIP status after at least ten seperate stays, as well as faxed proof of your Marriott status.  Not exactly a slam dunk, but doable if you want to switch programs.  Read the fine print on their program, there are some caveats but for the most part, it's comporable or better than Marriott Rewards was or is, in my opinion

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

patrickg Platinum 8 Reviews
    Thanks for the feedback...I really do want want to go...but the loss of point value is too excessive.   I do not understand why Marriott would do this to their best customers.   They would have been better served to say its temporary until the economic conditions get better.  Or, use the point that have been lost to buy things on their web site.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks. I just stayed at a FS Marriott (where I have stayed as recently as December).  I was expecting to find a new lower level of food and service, but amazingly there was no change at the Lounge. It was as excellent as it ever was, there was plenty of food, the staff were friendly, and I had a great time.

This may be an abberation, since a lot of Insiders posters have complained that the C. Lounges are now chip and dip havens.  I think given the resourcefulness of the Marriott associates, every one of them will try to tweak the system and ensure, as much as possible, that every Platinum guest feels as though they matter to Marriott.  It might be just little things, but it's what we've come to expect and why we joined Marriott Rewards in the first place.  I will  investigate and join the other programs but I am sure that my heart (and points) will stay with Marriott.  My investment is too great to jump even if I found the chain to be unsustainable as a place to stay--which it is far from--so I am literally and figuratively a lifer!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...