2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2009 5:07 PM by nuhusker RSS

room upgrade

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

maybe you can explain to me the policy of upgrading platinum to the best available accomodations.  I recently stayed at BWI marriott and when I asked for a possible room upgrade at check in I was told there was nothing available.  I accepted that answer because I could neither confirm or deny it.  But, this time I was able to find that the desk clerk had not been truthful.  You see, I was traveling with a silver elite member, who was upgraded at check in to a larger room with a couch, refrige, etc.  (We checked in at the same time on 19 Jan 09 for four nights.) And because he was upgraded to the concierge level, he had access to the lounge.  Personally, I don't care who gets an upgrade, etc., but I'd like to know how this benefit works.  I've found it does no good to complain to the hotel or customer service, so it'll be interesting to see if I get a response to this post.  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: room upgrade
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Given the 2009 changes to the Rewards Program that went into effect January 15, 2009, and factoring in that each hotel property has a unique interpretation of the changes, everyone is learning.  But, here are a few suggestions:

1. Call Platinum Elite 1-800-399-4229 to make your reservation and state your request for an upgrade.
    2. Provide your e-mail so that you receive the confirmation immediately. (I get mine via Blackberry)
    3. Call the hotel prior to arrival to review the status of your upgrade request.
    4. Call Platinum back if you encounter resistance and request their cooperation.
    Even if you have to make a reservation on short-notice, leverage the power and influence of the Platinum desk to your advantage.   Hope this helps.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: room upgrade
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Thanks for that advice TJCNewYork.  I generally use the web site for reservations because of convenience, but I'm going to start using the Platinum line from now on.  Thanks again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...