7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2009 1:10 AM by jerrycoin RSS

golf in phoenix area

lov2trvl Silver
Currently Being Moderated

we are going to phoenix in mid feb. and request info on golf courses with reasonable rates--thanks.

• Re: golf in phoenix area
    elitepro Member

Scottsdale has some of the best hotels in the USA. I often write about them in my  http://www.elitepro-travel.com  blog.

Grayhawk Golf Club  charges USD 225 plus tax, and I think that the Champions Course on Haden Street  has the most reasonable tee costs of 130.50 (rate for out of towners.)
    The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa is a spectacular hotel in Phoenix AZ. and you won’t belief that you are in the majestic  Sonoran Desert because it is set in the lush green swimming pools and palm trees. The view of the beautiful landscapes of the 2 golf courses and lazy river.
    It has a great view of the 2 on site golf courses - Palmer Course at Wildfire Golf 
    And Faldo Course at Wildfire club. Both are 18 holes  but are expensive but if you get the Marriott Golf special offered at several AZ hotels, it includes your golf club rentals and Unlimited golf for two with the room charge at the promotional code P51. Can also use this code at the JW Cammelback but you need to drive to their 2 courses.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stockrh Platinum

My brother treated me to We Ko Pa somewhere around Phx and it was an incredible experience.  On the reservation, secluded, great golf, great vistas.  Perhaps the other posters can give you more details but I highly recommend the experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stockrh Platinum
    Just looked up the Web site, www.wekopa.com and it's in Ft. McDowel, Az or something like that...

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

My daughter has played both Troon North and the cheaper PGA West course and found both of them to her liking.  At Troon she played with older regulars (she was a teenager) and commented that they knew every blade of grass and sprinkler head.  She still beat them by 7 strokes, as I recall.  They are running two specials shown  here.

Look for a discount play card--they have them there and in Palm Desert CA--allows you to be a fill-in at some courses normally for a cheaper rate.  Also, if you belong to a private CC, ask your club pro to call any of the private courses he or she knows for a reciprocal rate and round.

lov2trvl Silver 8 Reviews
    we are staying at marriott's desert ridge--are there any discounts available for golf at this facility?  am on limited budget so courses mentioned so far (though they sound wonderful) are out of reach right now.  thanks

nadine Platinum 1 Reviews
    We are not golfers, but have a timeshare at the Orange Tree Resort in Scottsdale.  I think that the golf rates are pretty good at this resort and it is not too very far from Desert Ridge.  We have stayed at Desert Ridge, the Westin, Four Seasons in Scottsdale. This year we are stayng in Cave Creek.  You may also check golf rates in that area, as it is a small community and may have more reasonable rates.  It is a few miles north of Desert Ridge.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The golf at the Marriott in Scottsdale was fantastic and reasonable!

Plus the food and decor was really nice, good luck. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...