0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 1:15 PM by blysky RSS

Marriot Hotel Cancun Beach..What Beach???

blysky Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at the Cancun Marriot. Both Marriott’s are connected together and share the same beach front. Don’t be fooled by old pictures of the hotel(s). The beaches were wiped out in the last hurricane that hit the Yucatan coast. The first time I was there at the same hotel 10 years ago, the beach was fantastic. I remember it being at least +100ft to the water and a beautiful gradual sandy walk into the swimming area. Today the beach is nothing more than extremely sharp jagged rocks that you need to somehow walk over to get into the water. The sandy section from the hotel stairs to the rocky surf is about 30ft wide.  Because of the lack of transition for the surf to dissipate before hitting the shore, the waves are big and the undertow is deadly. My 10 year old son and I braved it out over the rocks into the surf and proceeded to fight just to stop from being sucked out to sea and being crushed and dragged over the rocks.  We checked in for a 7 day stay over XMAS and left after the first night for a resort in Rivera Maya down the coast.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...