2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2009 1:57 PM by krlcomm RSS

recent changes are NON_Rewards

deadasslast200 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just spent my most recent 5 day stay in San Francosco and I have been Platinum Elite for 3 years and this weekend I got to experience "the changes"  .. NO NEWSPAPER EVERY MORNING< NO SUGAR AND CREAMER AFTER REPEATED REQUESTS AND ONLY DECAF COFFEE.  

Great changes for what was once my preferred Hotel.  oops hold on my phone is ringing.  "Hello... Mr . Hill the Hilton has your suite ready and your complimentary upgrade is taken care on the concierge floor. "

"Thanks I will be there in 30 minutes."

"Ok sir check in at the front desk and I coucierge will have your room key waiting as your check in is already done for you so you can go straight to your room."

"Thanks see you soon. at the Hilton..."

Excuse me Marriott did you hear that.... because thats how you used to treat me but now look what I got last weekend on a 5 day weekedn trip with my wife.... in case you did not remember me.... The Platinum Elite customer read above to see how you treated me instead.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: recent changes are NON_Rewards
    gamoniker Gold
    I'm of similar opinion. For all of this year's stays (at all but one location--TownePlace Suites in Hanover, MD), I have not felt the appreciation nor the respect that I once felt with my preferred hotel chain. Perhaps the employees' initial hospitality training needs a face-lift too.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: recent changes are NON_Rewards
    krlcomm Platinum
    Have to agree with much (all?) of your post. Upgrades are absolutely non-existent unless you ask for them (why should I have to ask?), room preferences are almost always ignored, staff are not anywhere near as helpful as they once were, etc. The Marriott experience is nowhere near as hospitable as it once was. Have 2 business colleagues that are Hilton Diamond members and they are almost never NOT upgraded (no need to ask either!) and tell me that they are treated exceptionally well at every property. Of course I have no way to verify this and have to rely on their self reports but it makes you wonder...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...