3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2009 1:06 PM by kcidli RSS

Marriott Kauai

nanstroj Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I are traveling on points to the Kauai resort 3/8-18.  My concern is that there are more than several posts on Trip Advisor that are negative.

First, is the property under renovation?  My understanding is there are 3 towers, which have been renovated, if any?

Second, have the beds been upgraded to the Marriott quality?

This is our first trip to Hawaii and I am rather put off by all the negative commentary.

Any suggestions on what rooms (ocean view) guarantee a positive experience?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Kauai
    nuketraveler Gold
    We just came back from Kauai.  We stayed at both Marriott properties.  There was no construction at the Marriott Kauai.  The beds were fine.  The rooms are smaller than the Waiohai where you get a full 2 bedroom suite & kitchen.  The Kauai has 2 small refrigerators & a small microwave & a dishwasher.  There is enough room to squeeze in breakfasts and lunches.  The Kauai beach is better for swimming and the Waiohai better for snorkeling.  2 good restaurants at Kauai.  No good restaurant at Waiohai but several nearby.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kcidli Silver

We just got back from this property (Jan 10 - 18). The time share buildings have all been renovated and are finished. They are beautiful (inside) and there is no noise for construction. The hotel building (only one) will start construction soon, very soon. I would call and ask what date the work begins (I believe it is in the spring but I am not sure). The grounds of the hotel, and the pool and restaurants are great! The exterior of the property looked aged and is showing wear (pink, needs to be updated). We loved our trip there and are considering buying a time share so we can go yearly. 

kcidli Silver

If you are traveling on points (as we did) then you only have one choice - the hotel buiiding (the other two are for timeshare guests only). That is the only one not renovated yet, and will be worked on soon (I would call because we were told they were beginning work within a few weeks). I think they are going floor by floor?

The beds were fine and the views from this tower are great (overlooking the pool with the beach to your left). Ask for a room on the third floor or above or your view may be blocked by palm trees. Also ask to be as close to the beach as possible, this will also enhance your view.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...