3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2012 12:31 PM by wrldtravlr RSS

Hawaii

wrldtravlr Silver 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Big Island, although not the fanciest of the Marriotts in Hawaii, the Big Island has everything in one place. The rain forests in the north east part of the island, the volcanoes in the south and some of the best golf, secluded beaches, whale watching, fishing and water sports on the west side. Miles of nowhere to explore all by yourselves, Night life, fantastic restaurants, etc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hawaii
    kahunapremier Platinum

As a young boy living on the Big Island (also called Hawai'i), I do remember working with my brother on what was called Sea Trek. College students from the east coast would descend on the Big Island searching for paradise.

From sailing between Maui and the Big Island, to camping on the beaches, wild game hunting on Mauna Kea and Loi mountain sides was a blast!

So many good memories of "home". A lot has changed since those days. Long gone are the sugar cane fields from the "wet side" of Honoka'a where I lived and attended school to Hilo.

If anyone does get the chance, I strongly recommend a visit to Wiapio Valley-a must visit and swim. Very strong currents, but you will find paradise within paradise. Mahalo nui loa!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks for sharing this with my family and me!

We have spent time at various Marriott properties on the Islands but never the "Big" Island.  We are planning a trip to replicate your fine experiences.

Thanks again. 

wrldtravlr Silver 2 Reviews

Wiapio Valley is a fantastic place too, just didn't have time or room to talk about all the places. Including (to upset my wife a little) going to the top of Mauna Kea for the sunset.

PS: there is a lot of snow this year, and about 22 degrees, almost 15,000 feet is getting up there. Wife said we could have stayed at Lake Tahoe for that type of weather.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...