1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 12, 2009 8:33 PM by exscribe RSS

Faldo Golf - Orlando

martincol Gold
Currently Being Moderated
Has anyone been to the Faldo Golf school in Orlando? It is associate with Marriott's Grande Vista villas. Interested in feedback on the property and golf lessons...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Faldo Golf - Orlando
    exscribe Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

I recently attended a short game session at the Faldo Institute at Orlando's Grande Vista. I have taken lessons, attended a school before so I do not look for the experience to immediately change my game dramatically, but look for a few immediate tips and some things to work on. The three-hour session was helpful, I thought. The instructor was solid and very business-like, more sticking to the golf instruction that socializing all that much. That was fine with me.

The cost was reasonable, most notably because it included a  round at Grande Pines across the street. Grande Pines is a pretty olf course, but very nice _ better than your average nice Florida course I thought. Great place to practice your bunker shots. lol By the way, tough courses to me in this case means they protect a fair portino of the green with water, sand, etc.

As for the Grande Vista, many of the units have apparently been refurbished. Ours had not, but was still nice-few minor problems, and they were taken care of quickly. If you on the first floor, don't leave the door open, in come the geikos - ones withouth British accents

W were in Building 100, which was off a bit by itself and backed up to the Faldo Institute practice greens, so it was quieter. Pools were quite nice, ping pong table in fine shape and enough to do there. Solid place to stay for sure.

Also spent a night at the Renaissance Sea World, across from Sea World. Nice atrium hotel, with two tennis courts, a hoop court. Definitely recommend.

My other favorites? Halifax Marriott in Nova Scotia was very comfy, and the Wentworth in New Castle outside of Portsmout, N.H. is a great spot as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...