6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2009 5:07 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Best Beaches near San Diego

katraveler Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am going to San Diego for work and want to extend my trip.  What are the best beaches near San Diego to stay at?

• Re: Best Beaches near San Diego
    travelingarch Gold

depending on budget, a great hotel and beautiful beach area is Dana Pont Marriot of much better, Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel, both areas are within one hour driving distance.

if want to be closer to SD, Del Mar is a great spot

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sandyeggochick Gold

One of my favorite beaches is La Jolla Shores.  Good parking, wide beach,

sidewalks for strolling. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

weekenddriver Member

For laying on the beach, La Jolla Shores and Coronado are the best. Coronado is wide and the surf is a bit smoother (usually) than at La Jolla Shores, which is also a big, wide beach.

Here's a link to a recent article I wrote for the local paper on the south bay area of San Diego, which includes Coronado.

Have a great trip!

tjcnewyork Platinum

My favorites beaches are Laguna, Capistrano and Oceanside about an hour north of San Diego on the Pacific Coast Highway.  Consider relaxing and hanging loose at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa. The resort and the area is a must see, you will not want to leave.

https://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/s/snadp/snadp_home_leftimage.jpg

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Carlsbad is not bad!  Not much scenery behind you (power plant is one thing) but plenty of smooth rollers in front of you and on-street parking.  A funky atmosphere as well in town.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Coronado was for us!

With the small ones it was safe, comfortable and reasonable.

The historic place was where we are going back! We loved our RI.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...