1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 29, 2009 1:03 PM by dlewis RSS

New "No Blackout Date" policy

sopkogil Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone else having issues with the "No Blackout Dates"? The hotel I have stayed at on the same weekend for the past 3 years on points all of a sudden has no rooms available for redemption with points. Please note, I am trying to make the reservation for Nov '09. I am also having the same issue with trying to book my honeymoon in Jan '10... I am REALY mad as I have spent the past few years saving up all my points for an amazing honeymoon on points…

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New "No Blackout Date" policy
    dlewis Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I've had the same problems with the so-called "No Blackout Dates".  Its misleading as the program only applies to standard rooms.  Most resort hotels have a very limited number of rooms that they classify as standard.  When attempting to book a trip to Hilton Head for July this year I was able to find many rooms available if I wanted to pay for them, but none if I wanted to use my points.  Its a sad marketing strategy by Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...