1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 25, 2009 1:01 PM by jsnieri RSS

Changes in the Rewards Program

msully Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I can't believe that given the current economy and tighter restrictions by companies on employees travel expenses that Marriott would go out of their way to treat their best customers with this BOGUS explanation about dropping "Black Out dates" to make the program better. I believe that most elite members planned their reward trips well in advance to avoid points penalties. Pure and simple this change is a devaluation in the REWARDS program. I often go 10-20 miles out of my way to stay at a Marriott property, when I travel for business.  I drive past many Starwood and Hilton properties on the way to my Marriott . WHY? I have done it because I have been loyal to this chain and this program and the rewards it offers for 25 years. NO MORE... I am a Lifetime Platinum member and will begin to vote with my travel dollars by staying at Starwood and Hilton properties until Marriott reconsiders these devaluations in what was the best program in the Hotel Industry !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Changes in the Rewards Program
    jsnieri Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I agree with You---But, they should make all of us "whole" on banked points as you leave, as that asset was devalued based on their actions--- and deceitful advertising...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...