Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2009 4:26 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Marriott  really has the nerve to do this?

nomoremarriott Gold
Currently Being Moderated

After 2 years of saving up points in hotel stays and credit card purchases this is how I get treated?  I called on January 13th to see about booking a trip to Hawaii with my lady.  The guy on the gold line seems to think I should wait until after January 15th so I can get a free night.  So I call this week and the trip that I had been saving for and had enough points for goes from 150K points to 210K Points?  Are you kidding me?  I have NEVER had customer service this bad in a loyalty program.  I will be using the points I have soon and cancelling my rewards Credit Card and will never stay in a Marriott again.  Please everyone take the time to vote a 1 in the freddies for Marrilies.  STARWOOD here I come!!!

• Re: Marriott  really has the nerve to do this?
    jsnieri Platinum

It's Time for a Class Action Suit

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laidbackdad Silver
    Vote Marriott a 1.  Great Idea.  Luckly, when I heard about the new program "enhancements" I got a 7 night air and hotel package and will be going to the Kauai Marriott in August... perhaps for the last time!  WILL MARRIOTT EVER LEARN WHAT A POOR DECISION THEY MADE?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This reminds me of the let's not buy gas at a paticular brand's station for a day to "teach them a lesson" emails on the Internet a few months ago when gas was near 5 bucks a gallon:  A noble idea but hardly a way to show our real consumer clout with Marriott  The Freddie award is a marketing tool and I doubt that anyone really chooses Marriott becuase of it being given to them. 

What sells Marriott over other brands (for me at least) is the associate at the Front Desk, the person who takes my car in valet, the server in the Hotel's Restaurant, and the housekeeper who cleans my room--their spirit is the Marriott that brings me back.  If the program degrades it is a fact of economic life but we need to voice our displeasure quickly and often to corporate.

If we collectively want to have the old Marriott Rewards structure back we need to constantly remind them directly that we are unhappy.  There is a contact us button on the marriott.com website, which I use frequently and recommend that we all do the same as much as we can.

Marriott owns the program but not our loyalty forever--we need to tell them that directly. Hitting them in the Freddie rating might satisfy our urge for revenge but I doubt that it alone will make Marriott change the MR program.

nwcusick Platinum 8 Reviews
    I am in do you have an attorney to evaluate it?

jerrodsdad Platinum 1 Reviews

No, unfortunately, they will not.

artjames Gold

Marriott must think we are a bunch of idiots

5th nite free

With the new poinys system a 5 nite stay with the free nite costs more than a 5 nite stay without the free nite on the old system.

I am out of here

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Marriott owns the program but not our loyalty forever--we need to tell them that directly"   After browsing through hundreds of posts dating back to August, September and October of 2008 where Silver, Gold, Platinum Elite and MVCI owners voiced distress and concerned feedback, Marriott's intransigence is paralyzing.  The Freddie's will reveal which brand the travel community favors. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...