0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 10:34 AM by lesliepamel RSS

Tradinf mvci villas for Reward points

lesliepamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

On announcing the new Rewards awards, part of Marriott's press release said:

"Marriott Rewards is the longest running frequent stay program in the industry, and is frequently recognized for being the best value with thousands of award options to choose from.  Testament to its popularity, nearly 30 million travelers have joined Marriott Rewards, making it among the world’s largest programs."

I just had to wonder how many of those accounts are active 'earners of points, or more importantly 'spenders' of points"

I guess one thing is sure, and that is about 250,000 of MVCI villas owners will either hand there cards in, or they will stop spending on them. Maybe just earning a few points whilst vacationing at mvci villas. But one thing is for sure, and that is the days of mvci owners spending the likes 235,000 points for travel packages etc will have long gone.

There is simply no longer any value in mvci owners exchanging their villas for points.

Marriott failed to look after some of it's best customers by not upgrading the 'points for villa' rates since 1986 or before.

If the award points had increased in line with the maintenance payment then the points for villa would have to increase by 100% or more.

Marriott timeshare has to be now rated below that of Sunny Isles Club - and believe me that resort is a nightmare!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...