8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2009 1:11 AM by kahunapremier RSS

Elite vs. Premier

nolife Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

OK, someone help me out; I was told by Marriott CS that I’ve been elevated from Elite to Premier. When I asked what the difference was, since I didn’t even know such separation existed, they didn’t know. Does anyone know the difference between Platinum Elite and Platinum Premier?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite vs. Premier
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    I called the "Hot Line" in Omaha, and they were most helpful at explaining the subtle differences.  The points are the same, but your reservations are handled a little differntly.  The changes between the two are minor.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nolife Platinum 60 Reviews
    Thanks for your help...I appreciate it.

lgtravel Platinum

When booking a reservation the other day I was informed that I too had achieved the Premier Platinum status.. I asked what it meant and the woman told me that basically with the exception of missed stay issues on your account, that the CS center would handle all inquiries from a Premier Member, including rewards travel.  She also said the points would be different but she wasn't sure by how much-nor do I see this anywhere on the website - so I'm thinking not. 

A Premier member receives a voucher for a Premier Upgrade that is good for one year - and I believe she said this was gauranteed whenever you chose to use it.. the certificate should be on Reservations page on Marriott.com.

There are also special promotions that are only avaialable to Premier members there was one last week for Aruba..and there should be additional coupons in the membership package.

I asked how I got to this level and she said it's not something you automatically achieve based on number of nights but that you/we are in the top 5% of all Marriott Platinum members..   The top 5% are selected each January based on the prior year. 

kokoe2 Platinum

The main difference seems to be that when you check into one of the less popular places, the staff gets very excited and fumbles a bit. I find that being gracious and sweet to them makes things a lot easier on everyone.

In some ways, I am sruprised to see a thread about it since it seems to be a top-secret program.

Ironically, I earned it the first time for the year that I had the least days of stay over the past 10 years. Now I am in again. I guess that means I've been working more?  :-)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,

That seems to be my same experience!  Just glad to make it and enjoy what Marriott has provided me for the past 25 years. Hope I can share with others a few travel tips to save more time than just money! 

crussd Platinum
    I think you're mixing up the Marriott Rewards program with the Marriott Rewards Visa card.  The Marriott Rewards program has Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels of Elite.  The Marriott Rewards Visa card has both a signature card (silver in color) and an "Premier" card (black in color) -- The Premier cards gets you 5 Marriott Rewards points per dollar spent at Marriott vs. only 3 with the regular card.  It costs more in annual fee, but well worth it if you have lots of Marriott charges (like timeshare maintenance fees).

crussd Platinum
    Interestingly this forum still shows you as "Platinum Elite."

kahunapremier Platinum

No Life,

Marriott has three KNOWN levels that they market.

1. Silver

2. Gold

3. Platinum.

Platinum is Elite status, as is Silver Elite and Gold Elite. Highest level at Marriott is called Platinum Preimer. This level is manged by HQ in DC and given to the top 2-3% of Marriott guests worldwide. NO ONE can give ANYONE a clear picture of what a PP member is, has, does, etc. EXCEPT you get EVERYTHING at your call. IF any hotel makes a mistake, each employee is empowered to fix it johnny on the spot.

Happed to me at the Doral, St Augustine Reinsance, etc. Once you achieve that level of Plat Premier, you just have to maintain the nights achieved according to marriott.com. In fact, look at your profile when you check in at Marriott.com, notice the verbiage that says "Additional Nights Needed to Renew" (which is under your MR Account activity). Welcome to the new level of service-it is very very good andthe perks get better.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...