3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2009 1:01 PM by brklynrider RSS

MARRIOTT NAME AFTER 1/15/09= DECEIT+LIES

jsnieri Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The Marriott Brand and Family have decided to devalue your hard-earned MR Points effective 1/15/09.   

This has been cloaked as an enhancement, however now 'run of the mill' stays will cost you over 30% more.

Marriott did not increase the value of your existing points, so now when you go to book stays --- you will be using MRMonies that have shrunk 30% or more.

I have been assured my Mr Ed French that these changes were made with his Managements awareness and encouragement (Bill Shaw, JW Marriott, etc), and so in the spirit of openeness I hope that the Marriott screener lets this post go through---

Marriott used to be a Trusted name, but not Anymore---

Anyo

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MARRIOTT NAME AFTER 1/15/09= DECEIT+LIES
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    Also keep in mind that Ed stated early on that these changes were not a business decision but modifications requested by Reward members.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hawaiiowner Platinum
    Ed French has been smoking something funny!  The changes were clearly a move to save costs at the expense of MVCI owners primarily, and all other loyal customers next.  The ONLY improvement was the 50% platinum bonus, but all platinums I know think the overall program changes smell very bad.

brklynrider Platinum
    I agree. It's pretty steep increase actually and now with this Category 8 level those properties are just off the charts too high.  I guess they are trying to encourage paying customers or something.  I feel as if I am being penalized for my Reward Points.  It's odd especially in this economy.  Plus when using Reward Pts you don't get the best rooms.  You get the "resort view" or non ocean view rooms.  I have read several people say they get upgraded when using Reward Pts. I have never had that luxury unfortunately. The incentive for Reward Points is getting tougher to realize when the points are far out of reach for the average stay. It's discouraging

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...