2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2015 8:29 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

Trains, European Travel

cathies Silver
Currently Being Moderated
Recently traveled from Paris France to Maastrich in the Netherlands. We took the Thaly's Train from the Nord Station in Paris. Loved it. We booked at the last minute, 2 day prior to leaving. It was inexpensive, fast and on time. Maastrich is a wonderful city, interesting caves, bike paths and friendly,wonderful people.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trains, European Travel
    ramoneur Platinum

Maastricht's visitable caves/mines are underappreciated;

I am always surprised to see so few foreigners visiting these.

One used to be able to visit an old mine, being led around by one of the old/last real miners;

I met one such old miner myself about 10 years ago;

Unfortunately they have almost all died out by now (mostly due to silicosis);

their numbers have dwindled, like the veterans at the WW2 remembrance ceremonies.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trains, European Travel
      Jsucool76 Gold

I'm gonna be hitting europe in july for a few nights (Cologne Germany) and plan on visiting all the surrounding countries. Will probably train to some, plane to others. I've never really traveled by train in my life, other than a few subway rides, and the two times I took the long island railroad.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...