1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 27, 2009 5:09 PM by roadwarrior114 RSS

Help

sam1sam Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have a rewards stay for 2 rooms for 2 weeks at the Maui oceanfront in Laihana. As you would expect there was a lot of pre planning needed to make this vacation work sine I also needed to use my air miles for  the plane trip. I made this reservation about 3 to 5 months ago and was so excited that I could get this property with points. I have been to maui several times and have never been able to stay at this property because it has never been avalible on points. I was so excited to get this property. Before we booked it I called the property and asked if there was going to be any problems as far as construction during this date. I was told they were building a new wing but it would be done by then  i assumed I got the property when I did because the economy was bad.

I checked the websight about 1 to 2 months ago and noticed they had put up a notice that the pool would be closed intermentaly for repairs and so I called them again and was told it would be open a good portion of the time that I will be there and I felt as if I could deal with it and do other things those dates.

I just checked the websit again and now the notice says (this has just been put up) that the pool would be completly closed for repairs and painting during  my entire stay. I have called Marriott customer service and complained and they actually said what do you want me to do.....

There are many of us going on this trip and changing the dates is not an option because of school (College) and work plus there is quite a fee to change the airline ticket.

I am asking what you would do in this situation and what do you think Marriott should do?

I am so dissapointed in Marriot over this because it is hard for me to believe that they have just made the decsion to close ther 3.5 acre pool now this property is built around the mega pool and that is why we are wanting to stay there because we have kids.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help
    roadwarrior114 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I know how you feel.  We had this resort as a "Dream Reward" and when we reached the required points, they told us there were no rooms available ... ever!  That was two years ago.  Customer service is an oxymoron here AND at Hilton.  I'm a Diamond member there.  That's as significant as having two feet!I hope you have a great time anyway.  Maui is awesome!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...