4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2009 3:08 PM by jsnieri RSS

My first experience with the so called NO BLACKOUT DATES

thomas44 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Well I just found out first hand that the no blackout date enhancement that was hyped so much is a big fat lie.   As late as yesterday, standard rooms and studios were available at the Marriott Mountainside Resort at Vail at the stay any time rate of 260,000 points for a week for checkin on February 6.  Today there is no availability whatsoever using points.........however, there are plenty of standard rooms and studios available for paying customers.   So despite all the encouragement by Marriott to wait and see........the truth is that we've all been screwed.

• Re: My first experience with the so called NO BLACKOUT DATES
    lesliepamel Platinum

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH THE INFLATED POINTS AWARDS.

Yesterday the 14th January 2009 I made a points reservation at a Cat 6 hotel in San Diego, this cost me 130,000 points. Today - the 15th January - my wife thought it might be nice to stay an extra 7 nights, and I now find that this is going to cost me 180,000 points. An increase of 38.5% . As an mvci owner with 10 weeks timeshare which I use 'Point Farms' this effectively seriously reduces my investment in MVCI. Bill Marriott has not increased the value of timesahre traded for points for the past 23 or more years. It is about time -If timeshare is a really GOOD AS HIS NAME - that he increses the traded value of timeshare by 100%. The company at the moment appears to be run by people who are just inspired by greed.  Christians with Judas working in the back rooms!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I've been trying to use points for a specific hotel during the last few months for a stay in OCTOBER 2009.  Nothing has been available.  So, I thought I'd wait until Jan. 15 for the no blackout dates.  I called at 12:01am this morning, hotel is still not available.  It seems that Marriott doesn't advertise the fact that only well under 10% of the rooms at a property are opened up for reward redemption. 

I've already moved to Hilton.  So much for your loyalty, Marriott.  I am Platinum Premier and was staying at a Marriott 3 nights every week of every year (even more nights while on vacation).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vpplayer Platinum

I posted these findings in an original message but I fear it may not be published:

Examples of blackout dates/locations under the new program(when rooms are indeed available):

• Indianapolis 5/23-25 
    • Louisville KY 5/1-3
    • Roanoke VA 9/11-13

jsnieri Platinum

As when Delta Frequent Flyer points moved to Skymiles, the old points had increased value, as the new program was devalued.   Therefore people with miles in the bank could redeem at past value, and the 'new system' could impose its new signiicantly new rules.  I believe they opted to do this to avoid rumored 'class action suits' for reduced value by the airline of a 'user-owned' asset.   I guess MARRIOTT has Lawyers almost as good as Mr Madoff's...lol... so they didn't feel the need to do such a prudent thing--- 

It would seem that if Marriott/Ed French, would follow this model and multiply existing points in our accounts by the defaced/devaluation of the MR2009, then at least that portion would be made whole.

It is common practice in the Airline industry, where keeping loyal customers make or break a business--- and so maybe Marriott can do this before "the Great EXODUS" begins:)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...