4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2009 3:17 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Rewards Posting Speed

wabadaba Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Is it me, or does the Marriott Rewards program take longer to post eligible stays and points than other programs?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Posting Speed
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Regrets that it took so long for anyone to respond.  I guess the value of points in the context of the 2009 Marriott Rewards Program changes took precedence over how quickly points were posted after a stay in January.

Elsewhere on this forum, some Insiders have noted their frustration tracking down missing points.  The challenge is even more pronounced for those who travel frequently on business and have expense reports to file in a timely manner.  Reconciling expenses is so much more efficient when the electronic and paper trails coincide.

Having just checked out 10/31 after 7 nights at Marriott Vacation Club, I'm very pleased to report that my MR account was brought up to date with the arrival of an efolio at 6 am this morning.  It's not real-time but less than 48 hours.  The quicker the efolio, the faster the Expense Report.  And, the earlier my MR account is updated, the sooner I'll redeem.

Kudos and thank you, Marriott for speeding up the pace.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow, a MVC for business.  we should all be so fortunate......

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I am in a time warp for a recent stay--something that has not happened in a while.  Sure hope that its not a trend and that the system will once again be speedy.

I have also just been on hold for a couple minutes with the desk, another unusual event.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Shoeman1000

At the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center  there are 2,000 guest rooms and suites plus 3 MVC resorts with 249 two-bedroom and three-bedroom two-bath villas with fully-equipped kitchens.  With the Orange County Convention Center nearby and the entrance to DisneyWorld only a stones throw, the OWC hotel and MVC resorts are extremely popular among conventioneers.

With an impressive 88% of Marriott Rewards Insiders extending business trips for leisure*, it is not unusual for Orlando World Center occupancy to swell and spill over to the MVC resorts including Royal Palms and Sabal Palms which are larger than guest rooms and can accomodate a family of four to six.  With three bedrooms, Imperial Palms can accomodate even more, but availability for rentals is slim since owner occupancy is high.

Not to get off track, I enjoyed a late check out on 10/31 and was quite impressed that my MR account was updated so quickly.

* 88% Extend Business Travel for Leisure

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...