2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2009 5:42 PM by erocking RSS

Help Using Points - Thailand

erocking Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm finding it difficult to book a trip to Bangkok, Thailand using my points.  After calling the Plantinum hotline, Marriott has essentially told me I need to call each individual airline they're partnered with to see how many miles I need for my flight.

Has anyone had any exerience with this?  I'm planning to fly from JFK to Bangkok for two weeks.  I'd like to use my points for two people round trip (flight) and a hotel for two weeks.

Any advice is welcome.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help Using Points - Thailand
    lesliepamel Platinum

I took a travel award from Marriotts; the 120,000 points were placed with my airline of chose _UNITED _ On their web page I booked travel from London Heathrow to Bangkok with a 3 day stopover in Singapore. They arranged for me to travel with Singapore Airlines. No problems.(On their new 380 aircraft!)

I then used the hotel section of the package to stay 7 nights at the JW at Bangkok-again using Marriott's web page. No Problems

I then used about 76,000 points direct from my account to stay 3 nights at the Singapore Marriott. No problems.

Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help Using Points - Thailand
    erocking Platinum

Thanks for the information!

I actually lucked out and for 250K point I booked round trip airfare for two from JFK to Bangkok with a layover in Hong Kong w/ Cathay Pacific.  With the 250K points package I also recieved a certificate for 7-nights at a any category 7 hotel, which I plan to use at Phuket's JW Marriott!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...