1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 18, 2009 9:41 PM by sargenet RSS

Maui

vincevito Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am taking my family to Maui in July09. i need to know where to go and what is fun to see out there. We have never been there. i have two rooms reserved at the marriot out there using points and need another 140k points. any secrets on how to accumuliate points faster?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Maui
    sargenet Member
    Currently Being Moderated

First... are you staying at the Marriott Wailea?  Have you been searching for rooms at the Maui Ocean Club?  That is the timeshare which is hard to get into, but they sometimes have points.  We are going there Feb 1st, have a room in their new tower, oceanfront, 1 bedroom for 125,000 points.  The vacation club properties take less points.  So you may want to keep checking there.

The rooms with points aren't always easy to find at vacation club properties.  If you put in 7 days, it may tell you it is not available.  But I have put in 5 days and found the room, then went back in and modified my reservation and added nights.   I have held rooms at 2 locations over the same time frame just don't order the certificate.

I love the fact that Marriott lets you combine points with a spouse at no charge!  So my husband and I both have accounts.  We had both applied for the Visa Card (25,000 points each).  We have referred friends (1000 points).

I am also a big marriottrewardsmall.com user.  I order a lot on line and rack up points that way.  I just make sure whomever I order from doesn't charge shipping etc.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...