2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2009 4:10 PM by jsnieri RSS

Program Changes

parker1976 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone from Marriott viewing this site?  I have not seen one happy elite member post about the new MR program.  Don't you think you should maybe reevaluate the new changes?  Why copy Hilton....shouldn't you try and differentiate yourself from your competition as opposed to copying them?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Program Changes
    lesliepamel Platinum
    I think someone from Marriott is watching. I posted a message to say that I now agreed with a previous correspondenent's description of Bill Marriott - which was far from kind! and a guy named Keith Thomas contacted me by E mail from Bill Marriott's office. I took the opportunity to explain why I felt that Marriott was not the same company that I had experienced in the last 23 years, but he never got back to me. I guess he is not listening - just like everyone in the Marriott company these days - they are simply a shadow of their former glories.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Program Changes
    jsnieri Platinum

The following was posted to Marriotts Blog----not sure it will make it in    but   here get a view of what these folks are doing with what used to be a good program---

Mr Marriott,

I am very dissapointed with the changes made to the Marriott Rewards program as it devalues the former value of my points and it is being communicated and advertised in a deceiving and duplicituous manner.  

I have been a Platinum Elite member with Marriott and in 2008 I slept 100+ nites at any one of your properties worldwide.   When I have problems with your hotel's local management I have complained to Sara Terkelsen or Ed French, and they have resolved or communicated with the properties so that issues like ones that happened to me would not happen to others.

Most recently, I have been extremely upset by the duplicituous manner in which Marriott Inc and the Loyalty department have handled issues regarding lodging during the upcoming Presidential Inauguration.

I attempted to make reservations using my Platinum override on Navember 5th.  All hotels showed sold out.  I then called customer service and they laughed and said all properties are sold-out or blocked-out.  I then called Customer Care, they told me that the whole District had been 'blacked-out' for Platinum overrides.  I said, how could Marriott black-out all hotels in the district--regardless of special event.   I then emailed Sara Terkelsen and Ed French.  And then she called/responded the next day informing me that NO rooms were available in the District, that Platinum overrides were blacked out, and that all rooms and blocks of rooms sold at the disgression of each hotel were pre-paid special event tooms, and that NO ROOMS existed or were available for PURCHASE.  I was very upset, especially with the fact that MARRIOTT INC didnt have the prescience to keep some hotels (perhaps company-owned-ones) available for Platinum overrides--- but then again that is when I still believed that MARRIOTT CARED about LOYAL travelers).   But I begrudgingly accepted the 'so called fact' (and lack of intelligence by th Marriott Loyalty leader).   I found another available hotel in the remote periphery, on my own.

Last week I made a simple request to the Loyalty team, and that was access to one of the Concierge/Business centers in any of the downtown DC area, as I was staying at a Marriott in the periphery but needed access to computer/email during 1/20/09, but they said that it was not possible, and that furthermore the JW Marriott concierge room was closed during the inauguration.  TEHN They miraculously offered me a room at the METRO DC MARRIOTT for $699/nite with a 3 day minimum stay.   This made me 'hit the roof' as just 6 weeks before I had been told in writing and verbally that NO ROOMS EXISTED AS ALL HAD BEEN PRE-PAID AND BOOKED WITHIN THE DISTRICT.   I also called the JWMARRIOTT and DISCOVERED THAT THE CONCIERGE ROOM WAS GOING TO BE IN OPERATION BUT ACCESSIBLE ONLY TO GROUP-BOOKED PATRONS, AND CLOSED TO PLATINUMS.  

I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEEN LIED TO, and I believe most MARRIOTT REWARD MEMBERS do not appreciate being lied to either.

IN THESE TRYING TIMES, MARRIOTT AND ITS REWARD PROGRAM SHOULD BE EMBRACING AND REWARDING LOYALTY INSTEAD OF BEING DUPLICITUOUS, CHEAP AND UNTRUTHFUL.

I am making sure that as many people as I know and other frequent traveling executives are aware of how MARRIOT HAS CHANGED FOR THE WORST and will suggest to them that they should MAKE A CHANGE TO HILTON or WYNDHAM or STARWOOD as any of these have increased value every year and been truthful to its constituency. 

I STRONGLY REQUEST THAT YOU BECOME INVOLVED AND CORRECT THE DIRECTION TAKEN BY MARRIOTT REWARDS AND ITS 'LEADERSHIP', so that I can re-consider my current decision to boycott Marriott.

Thank you for looking into this issue and correcting it---

JS Nieri

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...