1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 23, 2009 1:05 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

New MR program-NOT GOOD

parker1976 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am appalled by the new MR program.  The reason I went with Marriott was for the rewards opportunities compared to Hilton.  I liked the fact that it was a declining scale for for point amounts based on the length of stay.  All they have done with the new program is devalue points and copy Hilton's reward schedule without adding the benefits that Hilton offers.  For example, Hilton always offers free breakfast no matter what hotel brand you stay with to Gold members (that is what level I am with them).  Courtyard Marriott's do not even offer free breakfast to Platinum members!!!  Also, Hilton hotels offer executive floors at resorts, while Marriott does not offer any breakfast benefit or executive level to the best customers who go on vacation and stay at a resort!!  Who cares if you get free breakfast on a business trip....you expense it anyway!!!

Overall, I am very dissappointed with the recent point devaluation with out any offsetting compensation.  I have lost my faith in Marriott as they obviously do not care about their best customers....who cares about stay anytime awards.  Who books their vacation a few days in advance anyway??

• Re: New MR program-NOT GOOD
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

"I liked the fact that it was a declining scale for for point amounts based on the length of stay."

I agree that the multiple night discount when redeeming points was an extremely attractive feature of Marriott Rewards.  It encouraged longer stays which would result in spending more for other services.  For example, we loved going to the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa eastern Connecticut for 2 and 3 night getaways using points.  It used to cost 20,000 points per night, but would be 38,000 points for two nights.  While there we spent $250 for Spa treatments and more for dining.  Under the new MR program, it costs 25,000 points per night no matter how long the stay.  In addition, they closed Concierge and eliminated complimentary breakfast.  During our last stay, we had the most unpleasant interaction with the front desk about complimentary room upgrade and breakfast vouchers.  Although we requested and received a full refund the sting of the experience remains.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...