2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2009 1:05 PM by admtraveler RSS

No more free drinks?

hkloban Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Is it just me or have members noticed that fewer and fewer Marriott Concierge Lounges are offering free drinks? 

I recently stayed at the Marriott Hotel in downtown San Francisco which had an "honor bar".  I visited two competitors in the area and found that both of them were not charging for drinks in their lounges.  I'm finding that more and more Marriott properties are now charging, especially in the USA.  Did I miss the memo on this?  It appears that the local GMs are setting their own policies because it is purely hit and miss as to which properties charge and which ones don't.

Certainly, it's a good idea to inform your most loyal customers if you are taking away benefits from them, no?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No more free drinks?
    pxinsider Platinum

I agree - lounge open less , drinks not free

Vienna still great perks- us practically non existant 

Definately was the only perk i really enjoyed.

know of another chain that still offers a premier atmosphere?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No more free drinks?
    admtraveler Platinum
    I never took the honor bar to be free drinks, just pay what I've noticed to be a cheaper amount (a buck or 2) than what the main bar in the lobby charged. You pay for what you take without having someone watching over your shoulder. There are no shot glasses so an honest glance, maybe a little over, not big deal, and sign it to your room. I have noticed more attendants checking up on people more, making sure a card is completed, but also asking if you want anything else.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...