4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2009 5:01 PM by timothys RSS

Hey Marriott - we're not stupid!

platnomore Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I'm going to keep this simple - do the math people. We're all getting hosed here. I just stayed 6 nights in Kauai for 120,000 points plus a 30,000 upgrade to a pool room and hoped I'd get upgraded again as a Plat member (didn't happen).

Under the "enhanced program" that same stay will cost me 180,000 points NOT including any cost for an upgrade. I'm assuming the point-cost chart is based on a standard room. So for the same room for 6 nights (7 nights I would have saved even more on a per night basis under the old program) under the new program, it's going to cost me AT LEAST 50% MORE!

Personally, I like to travel when it's NOT a blackout date in order to avoid the big crowds. Many people might need to book during this time, so for them this is clearly an improvement. For the majority of us however, this is a really bad deal!

Marriott will be hurt by this and I only hope they will realize that in this environment, people will seek out the most cost-effective program. I just signed up for the Hilton Honors program and will use them until Marriott comes around. Your loss, Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hey Marriott - we're not stupid!
    sunlover50 Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree.  We are not stupid.  I am platinum since 5 years, I spend over 1000 nights at Marriott Hotel.  The new way to use point is absolutely unfair. Marriott penalize their best customers.  I will shop for another hotel chain.

I don't understand the Marriot's strategy.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

beachygirl Gold
    What is the new way to use points?  What has changed?

crwash1966 Platinum
    You are absolutely correct - I have been a loyal Marriott person for over 20 years and now feel really hosed.  Hilton will get a serious look! 

timothys Platinum
    I agree.  All reward travel will require more points.  As a loyal Marriott rewards member, I, too, feel that loyal members like myself are the big losers with the new program.  Trying to post the new program with a favorable slant does not work.  anyone can do the math!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...