13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2011 1:15 AM by jerrycoin RSS

German winter wonderland

elitepro Member
Currently Being Moderated

Nothing like a huge Christmas tree and a nativity scene with live animals, to put everybody in the Christmas mood. .I think that Spandau, GERMANY is the largest European Christmas market. I elucidate my visit to the Ct yd on my blog;- Its in the in the picturesque Old Town.If you have rented a car, it is convenient to park at the Courtyard Berlin Teltow on Warthestrasse (west of the city) but when I stay at the full Marriott Berlin in the center, I prefer to rely on public transport underground and S-bahn.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: German winter wonderland
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Elitepro,

You really really know your travel places! The Berlin advice was wonderful!

The Courtyard I stayed at was close to Checkpoint Charlie and a host of neat places.  Your advice on the public bus is moneysaving and well worth it.  Likewise, taking the light rail from Tgl was a big savings and a lot of fun.  Thanks! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

travelvlaan Member

YES Christmas is already in the US stores but Germany really knows how to celebrate

I hope to visit the new German Res Inn hotel soon after reading about http://www.elitepro-travel.com/2008/12/winter-wonderland-in-germany.html

Travelvlaan,

Agreed!  My plans are to stay at the RI Munich for Christmas 2012!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow!! That is well over a year away..You sure plan way in advance!!!!

Jasper,

I can't tell you how enjoyable Munich, and that region is!

South of there is a great place, Garmisch.  There used to be a Ren.  there that was one of my all time favorite Marriott properties.  Spent 6 Christmas' there and really loved the Zugspitzer!

• German winter wonderland
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I spent many a time at the this Christmas place in Germany.  It was there that we started collecting little Christmas mementos and though I complain that we need to get those boxes down in advance of the season I admire the spirit and the memories of that place and time.

Also, anyone else recall buying the Steiff Bears with the button in their ears?  Many of them were unplayed with, still have the bottons intact, and have appreciated a lot in value Steiff.jpg

Give me the Hof Brau House anytime!

You got it but keep track of the rolls you eat!!!!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Elucidate......first time I've come across that word on here. Nice job, Elitepro.

bloombergtv Member

we bought beautiful Christmas deoration at the christmas Market in the Netherlands

Kerstmarkt Keukenhof is worth the visit so much to do for all age from kids to old timers

• German winter wonderland

Ah yes, Christmas in Germany, what fond memories, drinking hot mulled cider or better yet Asbach with coffee by a roaring fire!  Thanks for reminding me!

Yes, 

What a wonderful place to celebrate Christmas.HPIM0284.JPG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...