2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2009 5:03 PM by butahzn RSS

135,000 pts for $1,000 in Marriott Checks

bobj1s Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Generally speaking, this is the best elite award going...  Why?  Unlike award stays, you spend these puppies like cash so you earn nights and points!  One word of caution, use only in the US as they will substantially discount them since they convert at $ to local currency exchange rate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 135,000 pts for $1,000 in Marriott Checks
    jaybee Platinum
    while the 135,000 points for 1,000 in marriott checks seems great, it is a far cry from really taking advantage of the packages that are out there - for example 250,000-270,000 gets you a free trip anywhere in the world where there is a marriott hotel - free hotel for the week, and 2 economy tickets - they transfer the air points to your air travel account, and you can upgrade to first class for nominal additional points .  much better value as this kind of trip, if going far far away would cost at least 5,000 - 6,000 and make more sense of using the points to your advantage.  I just got back from 3 weeks in thailand using points.  awesome experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 135,000 pts for $1,000 in Marriott Checks
    butahzn Platinum

Jaybee, where do you find one week trips with two airfare tickets?  I haven't looked at utilizing my points for travle like this, but would be interested in doing so.

Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...